Living in California, especially in cities like Irvine, can be fun. If you own a home, the chances are high that you will encounter pests, including rodents, from time to time. No matter the extent of an infestation, if you find pests moving around in your home, you need to call a local service like Brooks Pest Control for long-lasting relief. In this post, let’s discuss the pests you are most likely to encounter in your Irvine home.
- Bed bugs: Contrary to popular belief, bed bugs do not spread diseases. These small insects are found mostly during the sunny months and thrive on human blood. If you have spotted blood stains on your bedding or noticed a musty odor around your bed and furniture, it could be a sign of an active infestation. You may also have unusual bite marks on your body.
- Earwigs: Extremely common in California, earwigs are related to many stories, but these insects don’t crawl inside the ears of humans as often believed. In fact, earwigs are not dangerous to humans, although the creepy appearance can be scary.
- Silverfish: For the unversed, silverfish is a type of wingless insect known for its unique color. Silverfish don’t carry diseases or cause harm to humans, but for most homeowners, these insects are a real nuisance and can go around chewing on clothes and paper.
- Spiders: While spiders are essential for the environment, these insects are known to be relatively harmless and don’t cause major incidents unless provoked to bite. In California, you are most likely to find wolf spiders, brown recluses, and black widows. Ensure to clean your yard and seal your windows and doors to prevent entry of spiders.
- Carpet Beetles: These insects look around, are black in color and are found on fabrics, including furnishings and carpets. The biggest problem with carpet beetles is getting rid of the infestation, which is why you need to call a pest control company immediately.
No matter the infestation or the kind of pests you have at home, don’t assume these insects will vanish immediately. In fact, the situation can worsen, and it is best to check for professional help instead of trying DIY hacks that are never enough. A pest control service will take appropriate steps and educate you on how to keep these common insects away. The cost of these services is worth paying for, especially if you have kids, pets, or susceptible people at home.