The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL and SSC CHSL exams. Both are very competitive examination conducted to select the best candidates who have completed Higher Secondary Education for different government jobs.
Since both are difficult examinations, examinees need SSC CHSL and SSC CGL books to prepare for them. BYJU’S Exam Prep can help these young jobseekers prepare thoroughly for this examination so they can easily crack it and bag their dream jobs in government organisations.
Books needed to prepare for the SSC CHSL examination
Aspirants for SSC CHSL jobs should download the syllabus for this examination from the internet. They can also find question papers from previous years’ exams to get an idea of the question patterns generally asked in this question. Some of the books can be used by candidates for SSC CGL exam as well.
Candidates need the following books to prepare for each of the exam’s 4 sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: ‘Lucent Reasoning’ published by Arihant Publications can be studied and practised thoroughly for this section.
- General Awareness: ‘Lucent G.K.’ written by Dr Vinay Karna and Manwendra Mukul can provide sufficient general knowledge for clearing the SSC CHSL examination. Reading newspapers or following online news portals will also provide candidates with knowledge of current affairs.
- Quantitative Aptitude: ‘Magical Book on Quicker Maths’ written by Manoj Tyra and published by BSC Publication is recommended for this section.
- English Language & Reading Comprehension: ‘Objective General English’ written by S.P. Bakshi, ‘Word Power Made Easy’ written by Normen Lewis, and ‘From Plinth to Paramount’ written by Neetu Singh are the recommended books for this section of the SSC CHSL examination. Along with these books, students must develop the habit of reading English newspapers daily to enrich their vocabulary.
Books needed to prepare for the SSC CGL examination
The Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC CGL) Examination is scheduled to start in March 2022, as per the notification published by the SSC. The Tier I examination will be held between March 3rd-9th, followed by the Tier II exam.
The Tier III examination is scheduled for the end of June 2022. Hence, examinees need to get all the books as per the syllabus of these exams. English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Awareness are the common sections in both Tiers I and II of the SSC CGL examination.
Here are some books that SSC CGL aspirants can use to prepare for the upcoming exam:
- English Language: ‘From Plinth to Paramount’ and ‘English for General Competition’, both written by Neetu Singh, are the prime books to study for improving English language proficiency. Other books that improve English grammar and fluency include:
- ‘A Mirror of Common Errors’ by Dr Ashok Kumar Singh
- ‘Word Power Made Easy’ by Normen Lewis
- ‘Objective General English’ by S.P. Bakshi
- ‘SSC English’ by Ajay K Singh
- Quantitative Aptitude: Some of the books recommended for this section of the SSC CGL exam include:
- ‘SSC Mathematics’ written by Rakesh Yadav
- ‘Play with Advanced Maths’ by Abhinay Sharma
- ‘Elementary and Advanced Mathematics’ by Kiran Publication
- ‘Quantum CAT’ by Sarvesh K Sharma
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations’ by RS Agrawal
- Reasoning and Intelligence: ‘A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning’ written by RS Agrawal and Rakesh Yadav’s ‘Reasoning’ are the best books recommended for examinees appearing for the Tier I and Tier II exams of the SSC CGL. Applicants can also study from the following books:
- Kiran Publication’s ‘Reasoning’
- ‘Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning’ by Disha Publication
- ‘Perfect Verbal Reasoning’ by Ajay Chauhan
- General Awareness: Lucent, Disha, NCERT, and Current Affairs are helpful books for this section of the SSC CGL examination. Examinees can use these resources to become familiar with all the facts for this exam.
These books can help examiness ace the SSC CHSL and SSC CGL exams. Students can also take the help of BYJU’S Exam Prep to prepare for all the sections with comprehensive notes, mock tests, and previous year’s questions papers according to the latest syllabus.
Stay Connected with our education blog & write for us education